Briggs Equipment have implemented a number of Covid-19 control measures to ensure your safety when attending training courses at our Training Academy.
After a full review of government guidelines the following are some of the control measures that have been established and constantly reviewed. Briggs Training Academy can also conduct training on your site.
- Temperature check before entry. Fully GDPR compliant.
- Strict social distancing - 2 metres at all times. No physical contact, handshakes, group photos etc.
- Trainees bring own PPE. Safety footwear, Hi-vis, Safety harness (if required). Equipment fully cleansed.
- Hand sanitiser, hand wipes, & disposable gloves provided. Face coverings provided (optional).
- Covid-19 signage throughout the premises. Trainees and staff fully segregated.
Get your operator training from Briggs Equipment
Briggs Equipment provide courses for all types of materials handling equipment, as well as courses for operating access and mobile plant equipment, overhead cranes and other machine types. The courses we offer are fully approved by leading accrediting bodies* and include all levels of operator, from the complete novice to experienced user.
Access Equipment Training
Briggs Equipment offer the full range of nationally recognised and approved Access Platform and Mobile Scaffolding Towers training courses, including those covering the safe and effective operation of:
- (1a) Static Vertical
- (1b) Static Boom
- (3a) Mobile Vertical
- (3b) Mobile Boom
- (PAV) Push Around Vertical
- Safety Harness
- AGR / 3T Mobile Scaffolding Towers for Users
- Low Level Access Towers and Podium Steps
- Towers on Stairs
- As well as MEWPs for Managers, Towers for Managers and Work at Height Essentials
Lift Truck & Crane Training
Courses accommodate all levels of operator experience including novice, experienced and refresher on a variety of equipment including:
- Counterbalance (B1, B2, B3)
- Reach Trucks (Industrial and Multi Directional)
- Pivot Steer Trucks (Flexi and Bendi)
- Rider Transportable (Moffet Mounty etc.)
- Pedestrian Trucks (Reach, Stacker, Ride on & Pallet Trucks)
- Sideloader (Multi Directional, Conventional and Combilift)
- Narrow Aisle (Man Up and Man Down)
- Low Level and Multi Level Order Pickers
- Telescopic Handlers
- Electric Overhead Travelling Cranes (Pendant, Remote and Cab)
- Lorry Mounted Cranes
- Slinging and Lifting
- Attachment Training
Site Vehicle Management Training
- Vehicle Banksman
- LGV Rigid / Articulated Shunter
- Tow Tug
Mobile Plant Training
Each course is designed to be delivered on the customer site allowing for site specific training and any level of delegate experience.
- 360º Excavators (Wheeled | Tracked)
- Dump Trucks (Articulated | Rigid)
- Mobile Screens and Crushers
- Tracked Loaders
- Wheeled Loaders
- Waste Materials Handlers
- Forward Tipping Dumpers
- Agricultural Tractors
- Mini Diggers & Backhoe Loaders
- Skid Steer Loaders
- Light Vehicles (4x4)
Management & Awareness Training
- Safely Working with Lift Trucks
- Managing Forklift Operations (MFO)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Forklift Operations (MSFO)
- IOSH Manual Handling
Currently our Training Academy is based at our Lisburn site in Northern Ireland. Fully equipped with relevant materials handing and access equipment, dedicated training areas and comfortable classroom facilities. Alternatively, our training consultant can provide on site training for your business with the convenience for your operators on your own premises.
* All of our courses are IPAF or AiTT approved training.